WHO ARE WE?
Run by young people, the UK Youth Parliament provides opportunities for 11-18 year old's to use their voice in a creative ways to bring about social change.
"CHANGING PERSPECTIVE, CHANGING VIEWS"
Young people in Warwickshire aged between 11 and 18 are encouraged to become candidates for Members of Youth Parliament, deputy Members of Youth Parliament and VOX, the county youth panel. The newly elected members are below, the next nomination period will start in December 2015 so if you are looking to get involved then why not keep up to date with this years MYP's and VOX members to get ready to apply in December!
For more information on these elections, visit our 'Elections' section of the site here.
Would you like to make a difference for young people in your area? Would you like to develop your leadership and communication skills and enhance you.
To get involved in youth forums and speak out on behalf of young people click here
Warwickshire Youth Elections Results 2015
In total we had over 16,639 votes. This was an excellent result and thanks to all the schools and young people who got involved in supporting young people's voice to be democratically elected
The top 5 Issues voted by young people are:
- Living Wage - ( Everyone should be paid at least the Living Wage of £7.65 per hour)
- Equality - (Raising awareness of equality issues)
- Better access to Work Experience - (We should have the chance to do at least a weeks placement at a place of our choice)
- Maths and English exam resits - (Bring back exam resits in Maths and English and help us achieve our potential)
- Mental Health - (We should learn about mental health issues and work to ddress stereotypes and services)
VOX for 2015
Follow Us @WV4YOUTH